Sunday, June 14, 2020

FREEFALLING WITH GOD


FREEFALLING WITH GOD
I’m almost done with all the business stuff I had to work on in the past several weeks. Between all the paperwork and watching and praying about all the chaos in the world, God knew I needed a break. When I draw, I feel that I get that break. I was thinking about how good it’s going to feel to start another drawing this week. When I draw, it’s my time to freefall with God. I think we all need that kind of release.

To get myself ready and inspired, I took a look at some of the drawings I did for my niece back in 2018. Then I remembered how they made me feel. It was so special at the time, that I recorded how I felt:

“I’ve done pencil drawings before, but this time it felt different. After completing two cow drawings, I was feeling so wonderful and peaceful, I sat down and wrote a letter/prayer to the Lord: “Thanks, Jesus, for new talent – talent to listen! Thanks so much for guiding my hand with the drawings, like You do with my writing. I’m thrilled to do the “fuzzy eye” thing and get what You want. What I call the “fuzzy eye thing” is when I physically squint my eyes to a fuzzy state and I see with my inner eyes what I need to draw. You, Jesus, show me what needs accenting or pushed back, and I do it. I love that, and I’m so grateful.”

All of us have those “fuzzy eye” moments, maybe not in the way that I do, but in your way. We have those times when we know we are in the flow with God, those times when we are experiencing Philippians 2:13: “It is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”

Jesus already has endless joy, but every one of us adds to His joy. He has victory after victory in new and deeper ways. No one is like me, and no one is like you. If I draw what blesses God, then it’s going to bless some of His people too, and it will flow from their lives to bless more people than I even know. It’s the same with you.

When you’re doing, letting, following, and obeying the Lord, your life touches many more people than you’re aware of. It’s not just about obeying, though. Many of us hear the word “obedience,” and cringe because it provokes a negative reaction, drudgery, weariness, failure. We have a “scrunchy-face” reaction. But that’s not God’s will.

God loves a thrill, a freefall. Trusting God and surrendering all to Him brings those wonderful intimate, and thrilling moments into our lives. My atheist friend is a hang glider. I should ask her how the moment of lift-off feels. If you’ve been on a roller coaster, you know how the cars creep up to the top of a steep track, and there’s a slight tense pause at the top, a peak, a climax, a thrill like no other, as you begin to drop! If you like that feeling, as I do, that’s what it’s like in one way or another, with every freefall with the Lord. It’s pure elation. He’s got you, and you know it. The joy is unstoppable, and it’s the best ride ever.

Question: What gives you the freefall feeling with the Lord? Let’s try to get one of those events into our lives this week. It will clear our heads and put us in closer touch with the things of God.  

Love, Carolyn

Don’t forget to get a hardcopy of WINGS Vol.2. Just feeling the book in your hands will do something good for you I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment